Encore Account Login Link
Link that directly logs patrons into their Library Catalog (Encore) Account
<a href="https://search.midhudsonlibraries.org/iii/encore/myaccount?lang=eng&suite=cobalt">Check Your Library Account</a>
Encore Search Box
Embedded Encore search box allowing patrons to start searches from your website.
Syndetics Unbound Book Display Widget
A create scrolling list of book covers for your website using ISBN. Customs Widgets can be created for member libraries on-demand. Email email@example.com. Please include any customs settings you would like to include.
Example: New York Times Bestseller
<div class="ltfl_bookdisplay_widget" id="ltfl_widget_ult_3043371186"></div>
Include this only once – add if not already on page. Add to the website header to include on all pages.
Select a Data source. What kinds of items do you want your widget to show off? Choose one, then fill out the additional input below.
- List of ISBNs. Paste a list of ISBNs to select from.
- List of ISSNs. Paste a list of ISSNs to select from.
- List of UPCs. Paste a list of UPCs to select from.
- Webpage. A URL from which we gather ISBNs.
- RSS feed. An RSS URL from which we gather ISBNs.
- Items tagged. Draws from LibraryThing for
Libraries’ 90+ million tags—tags like “chick lit,” “paranormal romance,”
“American history.” “Tagmashes,” the intersection of two tags, such as
“romance, zombies” are also possible.
- Genre. Pre-determined subject categories.
- Series. Items from one or more series, drawn from ProQuest’s series coverage.
- Awards. Items from one or more awards, drawn from LibraryThing’s awards coverage.
- Publication date. Items published within a specified date range.
- Call numbers. Items within a given call-number range or ranges.
- Popular. Items popular in your library and libraries like yours.
- Uploaded holdings. Anything in your library’s holdings.
Options for each style
Select one of four display types: Dynamic Grid, Carousel, Scrolling, or
3-d Carousel. Each style defaults to an appealing group of settings.
Some options for customization appear immediately below the style
selector. More options are available under the “Advanced Options”
- Cover size Select from x-small to x-large cover sizes
- Dynamic Grid
- Rows Number of rows in the widget.
- Covers per row How many covers in a given row.
- Covers per row Select how many covers you want to show in every rotation through the shelf.
- Type This widget can be horizontal or vertical, and has a shelf option for horizontal orientation.
- Type Scrolls come in both horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Scrolling Speed Select how fast you want the scroll to flow across or up the page.
Advanced Options: General
- Widget size Widgets will automatically resize to
best fit the surrounding page whenever the page is loaded. Great for
libraries with mobile-responsive sites! Choose Manual to set your own
height and widths. Good if there’s extra white space at the bottom of
- Display Sorting Select in what order you want items
to show in the widget. Sorting randomly will show a different selection
of items every time the widget loads. Other options are alphabetical by
title or author, or date of publication (recent first).
- Easy Share Icon Select On to let anyone take a
screenshot off your widget through the Easy Share button that will
appear on the bottom right corner of your widget. Turn off and make
screenshots yourself within widget creation.
- Custom Cover URL Augment our existing cover service
with your own. URLs should look something like
http://www.yourcoverservicehere.com/UNBOUNDREPLACE, where UNBOUNDREPLACE
is replaced with the ISBN of the cover
- Cover Sizing Select whether covers should have forced width, height, or be cropped squares.
Link to Catalog
- Custom Link URL Add a different URL than your
regular ISBN linking URL if items in this widget should go a different
destination. Remember to use the “XXX” configuration. Example: a catalog
that requires a different search URL for ISSNs or UPCs rather than
- Opens Choose how you want covers to link into your catalog, by going directly to that page or launching in a new window.
- Use Popup Box Choose to show a popup detail box
containing cover, title, author, and in many cases summary, as well as a
link to the item in the library. Turn this setting off if clicking a
book and going to the catalog directly is desired.
More Advanced Options
- Custom HTML/CSS to output Add your own HTML or CSS
to the widget to help adapt it to your site. See sample CSS classes and
ids in the purple floating box.
- Internal Notes These are internal notes about the widget, viewable from the main list of widgets.
Advanced Options: By Style Type
- Scroll count How many items to scroll forward when the widget advances through the items.
- Maximum items How many items to load into the widget at a given time.
- Automatic Scrolling If “on,” the widget will advance forward a few titles at a time without clicking the arrows.
- Automatic Scrolling 3-D carousels can be still, or advance one item at a constant interval. Determine that with the drop down menu, here.
- Number of Covers Most widgets will work well with auto covers. Adjust up or down in this setting.