Transparent Language Online provides rich, interactive learning materials in over 120 languages, with additional resources such as:
- A learning approach that uses all 4 core language skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing/typing.
- Sustainable learning via our integrated “Learned Vocabulary Refresh” algorithm.
- Video-based American Sign Language courseware.
- ESL/ELL materials for speakers of 34 different languages, including our recently released English for Dari, English for Pashto and English for Ukrainian.
- Immersion-style English content for intermediate and advanced English learners.
- An American Citizenship Test prep course designed with the goal of preparing test takers to comfortably answer all 100 civics question.
- A robust collection of 25 indigenous languages
- Workforce development lessons for medical and business terminology.
- Travel and everyday vocabulary for general users and study abroad students.
- K-12 courses and lessons specifically designed for early learning, elementary, middle school, and high school.
- Mobile apps that are cross-platform functional with our web application and have the ability for patrons to learn offline.
At a glance:
Subscription: Funded with Central Library State funds beginning July 1, 2023
Renewal: Annual, renews in July.
Member Library Unique URLS – Scroll down
Note: Replaces Mango Languages. Access to Mango ends July 31, 2023.
A one month overlap exists to transition.
Vendor website: https://www.transparent.com/
Statistical Info: Each library will have a unique URL for this product. Patrons who land at Transparent Language Online for the first time will create an account and be statistically grouped using the URL they arrived through. The director can review statistics for the user group associated with their URL. It is possible that users in your group belong to another library if they created the account from your link. MHLS will post system wide stats montly.
- Transparent Language Online Recorded Weibinars for member library staff
- MHLS Training on Demand / Technology
- Introduction to Transparent Language – brief intro
- Transparent Language training workshop for member library staff (Not yet available-will be posted after June 21 and 22 sessions)
- Upcoming and Archived webinars from Transparent Language2
- 110+ languages:From Afrikaans to Zulu, the number of languages available to learners is constantly growing. See all available languages.
- Extensive English collection:With paired English materials for speakers of 30+ languages, intermediate- and advanced-level courses, an American Citizenship Test Prep course, and more, we have the tools for every English learner
Spanish speakers rely heavily on their local library for access to the internet, English language-learning materials, and community services. Make it a two-way connection by speaking to them in Spanish! Four dialogue-based lessons prepare you to better serve your Spanish-speaking patrons through basic library functions in Spanish, including:
Getting a library card | Providing computer services | Checking out materials | Answering phone calls
create a user account to use it and then they can find it within Spanish, Latin American and go to the “Browse” category!
Monthly Usage Statistics
- MHLS will produces a systemwide monthly report and post that data here.
- Each library will be able to access their own statistical data in their admin dashboard.*