When your Sierra desktop application wont start or it seems sluggish try this little trick to fix the issue. At the end of the process you will have replaced the files that Sierra uses to start and manage sessions with brand new ones that are up to date. This is our go-to Sierra fix that works nearly every time!
- Close any Sierra sessions that you might have open.
- Navigate to your Local Disc (C:)
- Open the folder Sierra Desktop App.
- Open the folder Jarcache.
- Select and delete all of the contents of the Jarcache folder (not the folder itself).
- Restart Sierra – this repopulates the file with fresh new files. It does take a little bit longer to start as the new files are brought down to your computer.
Watch the short video below to see the process.