Closing your library requires entering the dates for closure in the Sierra Days closed table. Sierra maintains a comprehensive list of the scheduled closed dates by library. It is viewable by most logins and even editable by Directors. Only one user can edit the table at a time, so please save and close the table soon after your entries are in.
Sierra uses the Days Closed table in the following ways:
- The system prevents items from falling due on days that the library is closed.
- Fines and fees will not be added for days closed
- The system excludes closed days when it calculates the number of days that an item can remain on the holdshelf.
- In Sierra go to Admin/Parameters then Circulation then Days Closed to open the table.
- Scroll to until you come to the group of your library’s entries.
- Highlight the date that is just after the date range that you will close and click “insert”. This will open a form to create an entry just above the line you have highlighted.
- In the location field enter your 3 letter code followed by an asterisk
- In the Day Closed enter the date of the first date that you plan to be closed in the span.
- Click OK
- Repeat by adding the additional closed dates.
- Click Save CLOSE
- Restart Sierra